At its Council meeting on 23 June, Yarra adopted its 2022 Victorian Election Advocacy Priorities which support positive community outcomes across the municipality and help create a climate-safe, equitable and liveable Yarra for the future.
Yarra’s priorities capture 33 different policy reforms, projects and initiatives across 7 action-orientated themes, including:
- Taking real and tangible action to address the climate emergency
- Creating a safe, inclusive and connected community
- Investing in local community infrastructure
- Improving movement and connectivity
- Supporting growth and liveability in Cremorne
- Supporting arts and culture in Yarra
- Revitalising our precincts, activity centres and suburbs
Council will be seeking commitments from local candidates and political parties to advance these priorities and ensure the projects and initiatives our city needs most to grow and thrive are supported by our State representatives.
A full list of our advocacy priorities, including individual project and initiatives can be found here.