As part of the River Street Duplication project, Ballina Shire Council will be renewing the water main adjacent to Riverbend Village on River Street, West Ballina
The water main will be replaced at night during low use period. This night work, and water outage, is scheduled from 9pm Thursday 18 March 2021 to 6am Friday 19 March 2021.
Council’s water construction team will be using a generator and power equipment to cut through the old main and connect the new water main. This will generate some construction noise.
The temporary water shutdown will impact properties at the following locations:
- River Street between Sunset Avenue and Riverbend Village. The water outage will only impact those properties on the northern side of River Street (the Bunnings side of River Street).
- River Street between Riverbend Drive and Pacific Highway (both sides of River Street)
- Along Smith Drive, Uralba Road (east), Duck Creek Mountain Road (east), Pimlico Road (east), Teven Road (south), and Paperbark Close.
Tips to prepare for a temporary water outage:
- Store drinking water in preparation for the interruption.
- When water returns, it may be discoloured. This is due to sediment. Please run the tap until water runs clear.
- Small air bubbles cause milky water; this is not harmful and will settle after a short period.
- Please leave taps off during the interruption, as water may return at any time.
It is anticipated that there will be minimal disruption to traffic flow along River Street for this water main replacement. Signage will be in place with traffic control if needed.
For more information and to receive project updates via email please visit the project webpage at ballina.nsw.gov.au/RiverStreetDuplication
Council thanks our community for their patience during this essential upgrade.