Police are investigating a street robbery at Enfield last night where the victim had arranged to meet a potential buyer to sell his mobile phone.
About 8.45pm on Sunday 5 February, a man and woman arrived at the victim’s Enfield home address.
It will be alleged the female took off with the phone and the male offender stabbed the victim when he tried to stop them from fleeing.
The victim was taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital for treatment and police were alerted.
The suspects are described as a man of African appearance, about 190cm tall, with a very slim build and short black hair, and a woman of Caucasian appearance, 163cm tall, with a chubby build.
Crime scene investigators attended and examined the scene and investigations are continuing.
Anyone who witnessed this incident or has any further information that may assist the investigation is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at www.crimestopperssa.com.au
Whether using Facebook, Gumtree, eBay or any other online marketplace, always consider your safety first.
Consider the following crime prevention tips if selling goods:
- Always meet in a public space that you are familiar with, ideally in an area with CCTV cameras, and during daylight hours
- Attempt to gather details before meeting potential buyer such as person’s name, phone number and email contact
- Tell at least one person where you are going and who you are with, consider bringing a friend/family member
- Ask for identification of buyer, e.g driver’s licence, if they request a ‘test drive’
- Take note of the person’s appearance and description, including their vehicle and registration number if they arrive in a car
If at any time you feel unsafe, walk away. If you become the victim of a theft or scam, report it immediately to police on 131 444.