Low lying properties on the Lower Macleay: Evacuate by 8:30pm
NSW SES is directing people within low lying properties on the Lower Macleay to evacuate the high danger area.
Once floodwater passes 6.3 metres on the Kempsey gauge at Kempsey roads will begin to close.
These areas include:
- South West Rocks Road
- Smithtown Road
- Plummers Lane
- South West Rocks
- Crescent Head
- Hat Head
- Maria River Road
- Camping grounds at Delicate Nobby, Point Plummer and Racecourse
Why we are directing people to evacuate.
Once flood water begins inundating the area road access water, sewerage, power, phones and internet may be lost. If you remain in the area you will be trapped and it may be too dangerous for SES to rescue you.
Where to go if Evacuation is required:
Wherever possible, people should go and stay with family or friends, or make other accommodation arrangements. If you are unable to, an evacuation centre has been set up at the following.
Kempsey Showground, 19 Sea Street Kempsey
What we are expecting:
Once floodwater begins inundating the area, road access may be cut. If you remain in the area after this time, you may become trapped and it may be too dangerous for NSW SES to rescue you.
What you need to do:
Low lying properties should
- Lift possessions and important items above the predicted flood height
- Take pets, essential items, warm clothes, medicines, insurance documents and valuables with you.
- Leave as early as possible to avoid restricted roads.
- Share this information with family, friends and neighbours and help others where possible.