WHAT: UPMC Magee-Womens will host a series of walk-in screening mammography clinics for area residents over the next three months.
Registration is not required. If you’re interested in receiving a screening mammogram, please read the following:
- While inside the building, you will be required to wear a facemask that covers your nose and mouth and to practice other prevention efforts like physical distancing, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- A doctor’s order is not needed for your screening mammogram, but we do ask that you designate a doctor who you’ve seen in the past year to receive your results. If you don’t have a doctor, we can help you find one.
- If you have health insurance, it will be billed for the screening mammogram. Women without health insurance are welcome and encouraged to come for a screening mammogram; assistance will be provided to cover the cost.
If you have a current breast health concern, please call 412-641-3693.
WHY: An estimated one in eight women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. Next year, it’s expected that more than 200,000 women and more than 2,000 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Early detection provides the best option for a cure.
WHEN & WHERE: 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Oct. 23, 2021, UPMC Magee-Womens Imaging-Wexford
- Nov. 6, 2021, UPMC Magee-Womens Imaging-Bethel Park
- Nov. 13, 2021, UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, Cranberry
- Nov. 20, 2021, UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, Oakland
- Dec. 11, 2021, UPMC Magee-Womens Imaging-Monroeville
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.