The following online application services will be unavailable:
- Special Import Service
- Export Certificates
- Animal Adverse Reaction Reporting
- Human Adverse Reaction Reporting
- Microchip Adverse Event Reporting
You should obtain an import certificate in advance if you think you will need to import/use an imported medicine during this period.
In urgent cases where the VMD has previously issued a certificate for the animal(s) under your care, you may purchase and use an imported veterinary medicine prior to obtaining a certificate from the VMD. This is a special dispensation which only applies to the VMD online system during this essential maintenance period. You should obtain an import certificate retrospectively as soon as possible.
Immunological Batch Release requests
You should make any requests in good time if you wish this request to be processed before the bank holiday period.
The following online information service will be unavailable:
Along with access to the following Registers:
- Register of SQP Retailer Premises
- Register of SQPs
- List of Accredited Internet Retailers
- Register of Specific Manufacturing Authorisations – AVAs
- Register of Specific Manufacturing Authorisations – NFABBA, ESCCA
- Register of Veterinary-only GMP sites
The systems will be operational again from 6am on Wednesday 2 June.
The VMD office will re-open after the bank holiday on Wednesday 2 June.
We apologise for any inconvenience.