Wageline has published comprehensive information for state system employers and employers on the public holidays over the Christmas New Year period.
This season’s public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Saturday 25 December 2021 and Monday 27 December 2021
- Boxing Day, Sunday 26 December 2021 and Tuesday 28 December 2021
- New Year’s Day, Saturday 1 January 2022 and Monday 3 January 2022
When Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall on a Saturday the following Monday is also a public holiday and when Boxing Day falls on a Sunday the following Tuesday is also a public holiday under the Public and Bank Holidays Act 1972. However, employment entitlements for public holidays will vary based on an employee’s award coverage and employment arrangements.
Employers and employees in the state industrial relations system can visit the Christmas – New Year 2021-2022 public holiday information page which provides:
- an overview of the Christmas/New Year public holiday employment arrangements
- information on which dates are observed as the public holidays for employers and employees covered by key WA awards
- detailed information on public holiday arrangements for:
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award