We’re thinking about making some changes to the Brunswick Street Oval sporting and community facilities and we want to hear from the local community.
The facilities are home to the Fitzroy Tennis Club, Edinburgh Cricket Club, Fitzroy Football Club and Fitzroy Junior Football Club. Some local groups use the community room to host regular meetings and the space is also available for hire for one-off events.
Drop in session
Speak to the project team in person and share your thoughts on how the facilities could be improved at our drop in session:
Monday 13 May
3.30pm to 6.30pm
Edinburgh Gardens Community Room
What’s included in this project?
We are considering improvements for the following facilities:
• Edinburgh Gardens community room (used for community meetings and events)
• The 6 tennis courts
• The tennis pavilion and change rooms
• Ground level of the Fitzroy Cricket Ground grandstand (including the player and umpire change rooms, toilets, canteen, community room commercial kitchen, public toilets). The spectator area of the grandstand is not included in this project).
What do we need to keep in mind?
• The current and future needs of the sporting clubs and community groups who use the facilities
• Heritage value of the existing buildings and surrounding area
• Accessibility for people of all abilities
• Environmentally sustainable building design