The City of Melbourne is continuing to support local businesses, with a $900,000 boost for Business Precinct Associations.
The Council’s Business Precinct Program provides annual funding for precinct associations to create opportunities for business networking, education and training, and initiatives to encourage visitation and local spending.
Business Precincts have played an important role in generating activity over the past 12 months, including Easter and school holiday activations in Kensington, retail-focused activations in Collins Street and cultural events in the Greek Precinct.
Ten precinct associations will receive grants of up to $90,000 this financial year:
- Carlton Inc.
- City Precinct
- Melbourne Chinatown Association
- Collins Street Precinct Group
- Docklands Chamber of Commerce
- Greek Precinct Association
- Kensington Business Association
- Melbourne City North Business Association
- North & West Melbourne Precinct Association
- Yarra River Business Association.
Council acknowledges the Melbourne Chinatown Association is a new association being funded for the first time as it rolls out a range of new events and activities.