Strathbogie Shire Council Mayor Cr Laura Binks encouraged community members to attend these special events.
“Anzac Day is an important tradition to honour those who have served for our country; it is a chance to honour and pay our respects to them,” Cr Binks said.
“Strathbogie Shire has a rich military history, and this is reflected through our incredible monuments such as the Honouring our Heroes Memorial VC Park in Kirkland Ave, Euroa which pays tribute to the three VC recipients who resided in the Shire.”
The following events have been approved by Council’s events team to be held on Anzac Day, April 25, 2022:
- Violet Town: Dawn Service at the Boer War memorial on the Community Centre lawn in Cowslip Street from 5am and a march along Cowslip Street from Lily Street to the memorial where the wreath laying, and commemorative service is conducted from 10am. Arrive early to join the parade.
- Euroa: Dawn service at 5.50am and a march from 10am to be followed with a commemorative service; both the dawn and commemorative services will be conducted on the lawns of VC Park, Kirkland Ave, and the march will start at the intersection of Binney and Railway streets proceeding in an Easterly direction to Brock Street turning left then marching to VC Park.
- Longwood: Longwood Anzac Day March from 9am; the local people of Longwood will come together and march down Hurley Street towards the memorial followed by an Anzac Day service.
- Nagambie: Dawn service followed by Anzac Day commemorations from 10am to 1pm with a march and service.
- Avenel: Wreath laying service at 11am, Avenel Cenotaph, Jubilee Park.