Council has an ongoing program of capital works and upgrades to buildings, parks, playgrounds, and roads across the Federation Council Region. The following activities were undertaken in May 2022 by Federation Council’s Works teams.
- Corowa – Mulwala Cycleway Gravel pavement commenced on Spring Drive from Croppers Road to Enfield Street, Enfield Street from Spring Drive to Cotton Street, Cotton Street from Enfield Street to Adams Street. Sealing of pavement completed from Freyers Road to Croppers Road.
- Slashing Corowa Aerodrome.
- Balldale Road – Fixing Country Roads – Round 3 Step 2 memo approved for vegetation removal for road upgrade and widening.
- Daysdale Curves Demolition and removal of old bridge culvert in Coreen Creek, completion of new culvert pipes in Coreen Creek.
- Daysdale-Walbundrie Road pavement base course laid and compacted and batters graded and compacted. Old Daysdale-Walbundrie Road ripped ready for recycling.
- Spring Drive Segment 100 – in conjunction with Transport for NSW. Renew Raised Pavement Markers to suit new Retro style line marking.
- Cullivel Road – Fixing Local Roads – Round 2 Gravel carting of base material to stockpile site.
- Riverina Highway sidetrack – Contract work for TfNSW Gravel carting of base material for this project.
- Heavy Patching Corowa Road – Block grant program Work continuing as weather permits.
- Maintenance Grading Program Roads graded in May – Daysdale-Walbundrie Road, Skehans Lane, Caringa Lane. No tabledrain work done as tabledrains are too wet for plant to work in. Mahonga Road.
- Gravel Re-sheeting – One Tree Lane 1.2km.
- Tabledrain Maintenance – Tabledrain Maintenance in urban and rural drains, only in zones where no impact can be made on the Sloanes Froglet (between April and October).
- Sealed Roads Pothole repairs on sealed urban and rural roads with the Corowa based Flocon patching truck and the Urana based Jetmaster patching truck.
- Customer Requests – Numerous Customer Requests responded to for drainage, potholes, signs and tree clearances, however some unable to be acted on due to budget constraints.
- Proposed New Works John Street drainage works.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.