Fifteen local community groups will share in $32,628.46 in funding with the 2020/21 Community Grant recipients endorsed at the January Council Meeting last night (27/01).
Central Goldfields Shire Cr Chris Meddows-Taylor congratulated this year’s recipients.
“It’s wonderful to see such a diverse range of community groups, across all townships, set to benefit from our community grant funding.
“With most of our community groups volunteer-run, Council is pleased to be able to provide funding that will see valuable projects delivered for our community.
“Due to the pandemic 2020 was a challenging year for our community groups and so we’re hopeful this funding will provide a much-needed boost and a renewed sense of energy for the year ahead.”
The 2020-2021 Community Grants Program recipients are:
- Dunolly Community Garden Inc – upgrade to community shared table and seeding tubs to support community access to locally grown and organic produce: $2,083
- Little Athletics Maryborough Branch – installation of electrical equipment to enable accurate time scoring: $4,000
- Dunolly & District Inc – consultation activities to support planning and advocacy for Gold Rush Festival: $3,000
- Goldfields Community Radio Inc – Installation of a special battery system to enable the transmission of radio programs during an emergency: $2,000
- Tiny Towns Arts Trail – Engagement of a web designer to develop a website: $4,000
- Country Women’s Assoc Victoria Inc – Purchase of a computer, printer and internet dongle and provision of digital literacy training to address social isolation: $1,337
- Bealiba Pony Club – purchase of a ride on mower for public amenity and contribute to fire safety: $4,749
- Maryborough Lawn Tennis Club – purchase of a ride on mower to support public amenity $4,000
- Maryborough Theatre Company – purchase of a wireless intercom system to use backstage at productions: $3,266
- Zonta Club of Central Goldfields – Care Packs for local women who are fleeing family violence – $700
- Maryborough Community Garden Inc.- Accessible lockable storage area: $1,000
- Maryborough Aero Club Inc – purchase and installation of weather/security cameras at the Maryborough Aerodrome: $807
- Central Goldfields District Girls Guides – purchase of a set of field compasses: $188.46
- Maryborough Field Naturalist Club – for 70th anniversary event: $698
- Maryborough City Brass Band – to support the purchase of sheet music for the band: $800