Council will deliver more than $182,000 in Community Development Grants support to 35 non-profit organisation, groups, and associations in Baw Baw Shire.
Council endorsed the successful applications at its meeting last night.
Ranging from sports clubs to recreation facilities to community groups, the recipients all share one common theme: their grant funding will go towards projects, programs and equipment that make a positive contribution to our community.
The 35 successful projects were allocated funding across three categories:
- Environment – two projects
- Equipment purchases – 22 projects
- Minor Capital Works – 11 projects.
All applications went through a rigorous assessment process, being evaluated against funding conditions and criteria, and then scored to determine their success and amount of funding.
The successful projects are listed below.
- Committee for Drouin – Birds of Drouin and District booklet
- Mt Worth and District Landcare Group – Roadside weed control in the Strzelecki Ranges
- 3BBR Community Radio
- Baw Baw Equestrian Centre: Portable Cross-Country Jumps
- Baw Baw Food Relief: Forklift for Backs
- Baw Baw Sustainability Network: Tradies trailer and fit out
- Drouin Bowling Club: Equipment for the Incredibowls and This Girl Can programs
- Drouin Cricket Club: Live Score Project
- Drouin Football Club: Goal Nets Project
- Erica and District Historical Society: Archival Storage
- Erica Community Facilities Committee of Management: Mow and Save
- Fairview Village: Art Gallery Space Project
- Gippsland Football Club: Moveable Goals – Trafalgar Soccer Precinct
- Hallora Recreation Reserve: mower purchase
- Neerim Memorial Hall Committee of Management: Mower
- Riding Develops Abilities: IT upgrade
- Thorpdale Mechanics Institute Reserve: Replacement of chairs
- Trafalgar Bowls Club: Bowling Green Mower
- Trafalgar Victory Football Club: Portable Soccer (Abel) Goals
- University of the Third Age: Defibrillator
- Warragul and District Netball Association: Team Uniforms and Equipment
- Warragul Swimming Club: Sun Smart Shade System
- West Gippsland Hockey Association: Portable scoreboard
- Warragul United Soccer Club: New Portable Goal
Minor Capital Works
- Baw Baw Old Engine Club: Water tank renewal
- Bellbird Park Hockey Committee of Management: Community Sports Storage Shed – Bellbird Park Hockey Synthetic Field
- Darnum Memorial Hall: Darnum Hall Precinct Park Upgrade
- Drouin Hawks Netball Club: Replacement storage shed – Drouin Recreation Reserve Netball
- Ellinbank Badminton: Ellinbank Badminton Club Kitchen and Clubroom Upgrade
- Hill End Mechanics: recladding of the west wall above supper room
- Neerim South Recreation Reserve: Storage shed floor
- Nilma North and Lillico Memorial Hall: Instant gas hot water kitchen, disability BBQ & concrete area
- Tetoora Road Community Centre: Refurbish Main Hall Area (floor, stage, and pews)
- Thorpdale Recreation Reserve: Bringing the Nets to Life Again
- Warragul Community House: Outdoor deck
Quotes attributable to Mayor Cr Danny Goss
“Council is proud to support these community projects that will deliver immediate benefits to the groups and organisations that make Baw Baw Shire a better place. We look forward to seeing the finished projects and wish all of the successful applicants the best as they begin the delivery stage.”
Quotes attributable to Deputy Mayor Cr Michael Leaney
“Despite the challenges of 2020, Council received many high-quality applications from our community. This is a credit to the many volunteers across Baw Baw Shire who dedicate their time to improving community facilities, events and services, procure the equipment they need and develop exciting new initiatives.”