Construction works are underway and progressing well on three new fully fenced dog parks in Drouin, Warragul and Trafalgar.
The three fenced dog parks will be located at:
- Bellbird Park in Drouin, approx. 7000m2 in size located on the corner of Shillinglaw and Settlement Roads.
- Brooker Park in Warragul, approx. 5000m2 in size located in the central park area.
- Hollydell Park in Trafalgar, approx. 1800m2 in size located on the corner of Edward Crescent and Rose Court.
Perimeter fencing, air lock entry gates and connecting paths are almost complete at both Drouin and Warragul parks.
Construction at Trafalgar has just commenced starting with the concrete connecting path and slab for air lock entry gates.
Next steps will see seating, bins, drinking fountains and signage installed at each location.
Once complete, each park will feature:
- Air lock double gate entry with landing area for safe entry and exit.
- New footpath connections to improve access around the parks.
- Signage outlining user rules and responsibilities.
- Doggy drinking fountains to make it easy to stay hydrated.
- Doggy waste bag dispenser and bins for easy, convenient and responsible clean up.
- Seating for dog owners to use and enjoy.
- Tree plantings to provide shade in warmer months and break up the wide-open space.
- Maintenance access gates to allow for routine maintenance and waste collections.
All construction works are on track for completion by mid-2020.
New signage will also be installed at four other designated dog off-leash areas at Dowton Park in Yarragon, St Phillack Reserve in Rawson, Dunstan Oval in Rawson and Darnum Recreation Reserve in Darnum.
In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, if construction works are completed prior to current restrictions being lifted, the parks will not be able to open for community use (in line with restrictions on all outdoor playgrounds).