While World Egg Day may have been last Friday, that doesn’t mean the ‘eggcitement’ has to end! Try this delicious, easy-to-make spring rolls for your next meal inspiration. Using fresh Aussie eggs, vegetables and pork, this eggy twist on a classic dish will be sure to excite taste buds.
2 tsp sesame oil
Salt and ground white pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
500g pork mince
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp finely grated ginger
1 ¼ cups (approx. 1 large carrot) shredded carrot
2 ½ cups (200g) bean sprouts
½ cup chopped coriander leaves, plus extra for garnish
Serve with sriracha, optional
- Whisk eggs and oil in a large jug. Season with pepper. Heat ½ tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan (18cm base) over a medium heat. Ladle approx. 2 tbsp of egg mixture. Swirl to coat base of pan. Cook for 30 seconds, or until golden on base and nearly set.
- Gently turn over with a spatula. Cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove to a plate. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining egg mixture to make 8 omelettes. Set aside to keep warm.
- Combine sauces in a jug with 3 tsp water.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add mince, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 7 minutes, or until mince is golden.
- Add half the sauce mixture and carrot. Heat through. Remove from heat. Stir in sprouts and coriander. Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Divide mince mixture into 8. Place one omelette onto a plate and spoon on portion of mince mixture down centre of an omelette. Roll up to enclose. Repeat with remaining omelettes and mince mixture.
- Drizzle remaining sauce and sriracha over omelettes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
For more recipes, cooking tips and information head to Australian eggs.