Drum roll, please. Today, ALDI Australia announced the winners of The People’s Picks, a nationwide consumer voted awards program designed to uncover Australia’s favourite ALDI products, and let’s just say there were a few surprises.
Who would have thought that the ever popular Veuve Monsigny Brut Champagne, a steal at $21.99, would have been edged out by another wine? Yet that’s exactly what happened, with the South Pinot Estate Rosé ($4.99) taking out The People’s Picks in the Alcohol category. Surprising or not, it’s a fitting recognition for this great value wine from South Australia that has picked up a swag of awards over the past few years.
In the Fridge, Dairy and Eggs category, the Cowbelle Tasty Cheese got the People’s Pick, beating some stiff competition including the Emporium Selection Le Pave Cheese, which sold out quick last year.
“We are very particular about what we sell, especially with our limited range of products. Every item passes through a rigorous quality control process to ensure that it exceeds the high standards our customers have come to expect”, said Scott Tyler, Quality Assurance Director, ALDI Australia.
Whether it’s the Mamia Fragrance Free Baby Wipes ($1.89), Urban Eats Feta and Spinach Gozleme ($3.99) or Di-San Ultra Degreaser Pre Wash Lemon Stain Remover ($1.25), ALDI’s People’s Picks are all winners that represent great value for money, so it’s little wonder they’re a hit with customers and employees.
The People’s Picks winners for 2019 are:
- Alcohol – South Pinot Estate Rosé, $4.99
- Baby – Mamia Fragrance Free Baby Wipes, $1.89
- Bakery – Bakers Life Lower Carb, Higher Protein Bread, $4.99
- Beauty and Personal Care – Confidence Toilet Tissue 3ply, $7.99
- Cleaning and Laundry – Di-San Ultra Degreaser Pre Wash Lemon Stain Remover, $1.25
- Freezer – Urban Eats Feta & Spinach Gozleme, $3.99
- Fridge, Dairy and Eggs – Cowbelle Tasty Block Cheese, $7.49
- Meat, Small Goods and Deli – Berg Middle Bacon, $8.99
- Pantry – Brookdale 100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup, $5.69
- Snacks and Sweets – Storck Knoppers 8pk, $2.99
Look out for the winning products next time you’re in your local ALDI. They’ll be even easier to spot—just keep an eye out for the blue People’s Picks logo next to the winning products.
As part of The People’s Picks, 100 entrants won a $100 ALDI voucher. The winners will be contacted on Monday 18th November.
ALDI’s commitment to continuous product development, stringent quality control and competitive pricing has earned it a loyal following since it launched in Australia in 2001. The company works closely with local growers, producers and suppliers to develop products that deliver on quality, taste and price. And the company’s commitment to Australian made products is another reason for its popularity, with six of the ten winning products being locally sourced or made.