The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 32 cents per litre (cpl) to 142.8 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 20 January 2021, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: Coles Express hiking by 46 cpl up to 155.9 cpl; Caltex Woolworths up to 153.9 cpl; 7-Eleven up to 152.9 cpl; BP and Caltex/Ampol up to 151.9 cpl; Puma up to 151.7 cpl; and Vibe up to 147.3 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 109 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 51 cpl, which means you can save up to $30 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 107.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Midland, 7-Eleven Midvale, Puma Midvale and Puma Wattle Grove in the East;
- 104.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 105.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Kelmscott Central in the South; and
- 105.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Wanneroo and 7-Eleven Wanneroo South in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.5 cpl at Shell High Wycombe in the East;
- 104.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport (membership required) and 105.5 cpl at Liberty Gosnells in the South; and
- 105.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Banksia Grove, 7-Eleven Morley and Liberty Banksia Grove in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au