Willoughby City Council has received $1.95 million in funding to install 13 raised pedestrian crossings across the Willoughby Local Government Area over the next 12 months.
The wombat crossings will be funded by the Federal Government Stimulus Commitment under the School Children Safety Wombat Crossing Program.
Wombat crossings are adjacent to schools or locations used by school children. They improve pedestrian safety by promoting slower speeds of motor vehicles on approach and across the crossing.
The funding will be used to upgrade 11 existing pedestrian crossings and the installation of two new wombat crossings:
- High Street at Bedford Street, North Willoughby
- Hampden Road, north of Barton Road, Artarmon
- Merrenburn Avenue at Willoughby Road, Naremburn
- Hatfield Street between Mowbray Road & Farran Street Lane Cove North
- Kirk Street at Archer Street, Chatswood
- Keary Street at Eaton Street, Willoughby
- Keary Street, south of Oakville Road, Willoughby
- Rohan Street at Willoughby Road, Naremburn
- Kendall Road between Holly Street and Rosebridge Avenue, Castle Cove
- Kendall Road, south of Holly Street, Castle Cove
- Edinburgh Road between The Parapet and Edith Street, Castlecrag
- Westbourne Street, east of Pacific Highway, St Leonards
- Reserve Road, north of Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Local residents are invited to comment on the proposed new crossings at haveyoursaywilloughby.com.au
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.