· Water quality in the Hawkesbury River is improving after the recent floods but local communities are encouraged to remain patient and not enter the water, particularly with large amount of debris still present.
· Clean up of flood debris in the river and on the banks is well underway to restore the health of the Hawkesbury River but hazards are still present including partly submerged branches, building materials, chemical drums, large hay bales, agricultural materials, etc.
· The NSW Government sampled river water quality at six sites (Windsor Beach, Riverside Oaks, Sackville, Lower Portland, Wisemans Ferry and Macdonald River) on 7 April 2021 and 16 April 2021.
· Tests are covering saltiness of water, presence of algae, bacterial contamination and potential chemical contamination.
· The test results on both occasions at these six sites indicate the water is suitable for stock to drink based on bacterial criteria.
· For advice on the suitability on using water from the Hawkesbury River for agricultural services please