As the situation in Victoria and New South Wales continues to evolve, the South Australia State Coordinator and SA Health advise that further restrictions are being imposed to travellers arriving from the Cross Border corridors.
People who have travelled from Mildura Local Government Area since 11 July 2021 will be required to quarantine for 14 days since arrival in SA and will be required to receive a COVID-19 test on days 1, 5 & 13. These people will be contacted from SA Health.
People are encouraged to limit travel their travel in and out of the Riverland area and are advised to seek testing for even the mildest of symptoms if they have been in this area.
Changes which will be implemented in the Direction from 12.01am 19 July 2020 are:
- New South Wales Cross Border corridor is now limited to the LGA of Broken Hill and communities in SA including Manna Hill, Olary, Tiaklina and Cockburn. Travellers outside of the corridor will no longer be permitted to enter South Australia unless an Essential Traveller or Permitted Arrival. Cross border corridor residents will still be permitted to enter SA however, only for a strict number of reasons. SA residents outside of the corridor travelling to Broken Hill will only be able to do so for essential work or with a health exemption.
- The Victorian Cross Border Corridor will be reduced to 40km (down from the current 70km) and the reasons that people are permitted to travel will also be reduced.
- The cross border corridor reasons for travel include:
- employment or education; or
- providing care and support to, or receiving care and support from, another person; or
- obtaining food, petrol or other fuel or medical care or supplies; or
- obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination.
SA Police acknowledge that this information is limited however, further advice and details will be provided later tonight through the publication of the Direction.
All existing directions, frequently asked questions and other information can be found here: https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emergency-declarations
If you require further information you can call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 between the hours of 9am to 5pm 7 days per week or go to the SA Health website at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au or www.sa.gov.au/covid-19