The Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA) annual public meeting will be held on Tuesday 15 March 2022 at 9:30am.
This meeting gives the Australian public the opportunity to meet with AFMA Commissioners and discuss AFMA’s progress in pursuing effective management of Commonwealth fisheries.
Everyone is invited to attend.
The meeting will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
On registration we welcome people to submit questions or topics they would like covered during the meeting.
Please note: The meeting will provide an update on Australia’s Commonwealth fisheries management. Recreational fishing, commercial coastal and inland fishing and aquaculture falls under State and Northern Territory management and will not be covered in the meeting. If you are interested in attending AFMA’s public meeting, we recommend that you review AFMA’s website for information on the fisheries we manage.
The content of the meeting will include:
- Commonwealth fisheries management including an update on;
- the economic and sustainability status of Commonwealth fisheries
- a review of the last 12 months
- improvements in AFMA’s data capture from Commonwealth fishing boats
- Commonwealth fisheries operations, including an update on AFMA’s domestic and international compliance programs
- The impact of COVID-19 on Commonwealth fisheries
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Opportunity to address specific topics or questions posed by participants