On 4 February 2019 a vehicle stop was conducted on Great Eastern Highway in Wooroloo and the driver was identified as a person of interest to Kalgoorlie Detectives relating to their operation targeting the supply of illegal drugs and suppliers and receivers of stolen property in their district.
It is alleged during the search of the vehicle police located and seized:
• Approximately 482grams of Methylamphetamine;
• Pepper Spray; and
• A Taser torch.
Further inquiries by Kalgoorlie Detectives resulted in a search warrant being executed yesterday, (11 February 2019) at a property on Bulong Road in Kanowna.
It is alleged during the search of two sea containers located on the property, police located and seized:
• Two handguns;
• A modified rifle;
• A modified shotgun;
• Approximately 300 rounds of ammunition;
• 3 generators (suspected stolen valued around $40,000);
• 1000 litre diesel fuel tank and pump on trailer (suspected to be stolen;
• Stolen Toyota Landcruiser; and
• Drug paraphernalia.
A 45-year-old man from Kalgoorlie is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court on 19 February 2019 charged with:-
• Five counts of Possessing Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property;
• Four counts of Unlicensed Person Came into Possession of Three or more Firearms; and
• One count of Unlicensed Person Possess Ammunition.
The investigation is ongoing.