The Cobb Highway has reopened between Wilcannia and Ivanhoe after being closed due to flooding.
The Cobb Highway remains closed between Ivanhoe and Booligal.
At Bourke, Kidman Way (Gorrell Avenue) is closed between Louth Road and Mitchell Highway.
Motorists are advised to avoid non-essential travel in flood-affected areas.
Motorists who need to travel are advised to take extreme care, and be prepared for conditions to change quickly.
Major roads remain closed, including in the state’s north and north west:
- The Kamilaroi Highway is closed between Walgett, Brewarrina and Bourke, between Wee Waa and Merah North, and between Wee Waa and Narrabri.
- South of Bourke, alternating (stop/slow) traffic conditions are in place on the Mitchell Highway for Four Wheel Drives and heavy vehicles only between 8am and 6pm, and the road is closed to all vehicles between 6pm and 8am.
In the central west:
- Henry Parkes Way has reopened between Condobolin and Bogan Gate but remains closed between Condobolin and Ootha.
- The Newell Highway is closed between Forbes and Wyalong and in Forbes between Dowling Street and Templar Street.
- Henry Lawson Way is closed between Forbes and Grenfell.
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed in Forbes, as well as between Forbes and Jemalong, and between Gooloogong and Cowra.
- The Mid Western Highway is closed at Back Creek, and at Erigolia, east of Rankin Springs.
- The Oxley Highway is closed in Warren.
- Kidman Way is closed at Wallanthery
- The Escort Way is closed between Eugowra and Forbes.
In the Riverina and the south:
- The Sturt Highway is closed at Hay South between Romani Road and Hay South.
- The Sturt Highway is also closed between Collingullie and Darlington Point.
- The Newell Highway is closed at Gillenbah.
- The Riverina Highway and Federation Way are closed between Hopefield and Urana.
- The Riverina Highway is also closed near Coreen.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.