NASA invites media to its headquarters in Washington for the announcement of newMoonpartnerships with American companies at 2 p.m. EST Thursday, Nov. 29. NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine will make the announcement, which will air liveonNASA Televisionand the agency’swebsite.
Working with U.S. companies is the next step to achieving long-term scientific study and human exploration of theMoon and Mars.
In addition to the administrator and future partners to be announced, participants in the event include:
- Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator for NASAs Science Mission Directorate, Washington
- Stan Love, NASA astronaut, NASAs Johnson Space Center, Houston
- Andrea Mosie, Apollo sample laboratory manager, Johnson
- Barbara Cohen, associate project scientist for Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, NASAs Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
- FIRST Robotics students from the Washington area
To attend in person or receive dial-in information, media must send a request with their name, affiliation and phone number to JoAnna Wendel at email@example.com no later than noon on Thursday.
The event also will be available throughFacebook Live,Twitch TV,YouTube, andTwitter/Periscope. The public may ask questions on Twitter by using the hashtag #askNASA or by leaving a comment on the livestream of the event on theNASA Facebook page.
UnderSpace Policy Directive-1, the agency will lead an innovative and sustainable exploration of theMoon together with commercial and international partners.