NASA has awarded eight contracts under the NASA-wide Acquisition for Nitrogen and Oxygen 3 (NANO 3) solicitation to eight U.S. companies to supply nitrogen and oxygen to NASA centers for a variety of operational activities.
The NANO 3 contracts are fixed-price, indefinite-delivery requirement contracts with economic price adjustment. The five-year contracts begin July 1 and have a combined total value of approximately $77 million.
The contracts awardees are:
- Messer LLC of Bridgewater, New Jersey
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. in Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Praxair, Inc. of Danbury, Connecticut
- Praxair Distribution, Inc. of Danbury, Connecticut
- Airgas USA, LLC-West Division in Long Beach, California
- Airgas USA, LLC-South Division in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Airgas USA, LLC-Central Division of Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
NASA uses nitrogen for pneumatic actuation, purging/inerting, pressurization, and cooling, and oxygen as an oxidizer in cryogenic rocket engines.