The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled The Original 3 Bullets capsules and found that and found that:
- the capsules contain the undeclared substance yohimbine.
Consumers are advised that yohimbine is a prescription-only (S4) medicine in Australia.
The supply of The Original 3 Bullets capsules containing undisclosed yohimbine is illegal.
The Original 3 Bullets capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking The Original 3 Bullets capsules and take any remaining capsules to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with the Australian Border Force (ABF) to help stop future shipments of The Original 3 Bullets capsules from entering Australia.
If these capsules are found at the border by the ABF they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites and has produced a short video on the risks associated with buying medicines and medical devices online. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.