“From sports grounds and parks to roads and coastal foreshores, we will be making plenty of improvements in Division 7 to provide a wide range of benefits for the local community,” Cr Hungerford said.
“These changes come on the back of the start of construction of a new clubhouse in February (2019) and the recent addition of new netball courts increasing the number of hard courts to 20, supporting the increased demand in both high-level and community-based AFL and netball events.
“Perhaps one of the upcoming developments I am most proud of is the ongoing improvement of our own beloved district park, Buderim Village Park.
“We have a number of projects planned for Cod Hole Park along our beautiful Bradman Ave foreshore in Maroochydore with pathway, lighting, signage and playground upgrades, all scheduled.
“To help reduce the traffic congestion, particularly during school pick up and drop off times, we will also be undertaking the scope and design for upgrading the Stringybark Rd and Gleneagle Ct roundabout, near Matthew Finders Anglican College.”
Division 7 highlights for the 2019/20 budget include:
• $1.9 million to upgrade the eastern field of the Maroochydore Multi Sport Complex
• $500,000 to continue the Maroochydore Multi Sports Development Plan
• $270,000 to renew the amenities and improve access and landscape works at the Foote Memorial Sanctuary, Buderim
• $250,000 to implement stages 6 and 8 of the Buderim Village Park Master Plan
• $100,000 to renew the Fishermans Rd geobag revetment in Kuluin
• $70,000 for improvements to Bradman Ave Foreshore Codhole Park
• $50,000 to construct on-street parking on Depot St and Service St, Maroochydore
• $25,000 to install a complex air conditioning unit at the Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex.