Council is currently assessing a planning application, proposing to change building details on a convenience restaurant at 17 Maroondah Highway, Healesville.
The site is subject to an approved planning permit (YR-2014/1199), allowing for a hotel (including epicurean centre and function centre), market, restricted retail premises, service station, take away food premises, and convenience restaurant at 17-25 Maroondah Highway.
This permit was approved by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) in 2016, after Council’s decision to refuse a permit was appealed.
The new application (YR-2014/1199/A), lodged in May 2020, proposes changes to the approved Convenience Restaurant on the site, so that the building design adheres to the design and style of its tenant. This includes:
- Altering the internal layout of the store
- Providing an additional drive-thru lane to create a dual lane drive-thru
- Realignment and reconfiguration of the drive-thru
- Increasing the overall building footprint by 165.58 square metres
- Increasing the overall building height by 0.5-1.7m in various areas
- Relocating the loading bay
- Provision of two waiting bays
- Including two bicycle racks
- New walkway and footpath and
- Changes to materials and colour palette
The application does not relate to the use of the site as a convenience restaurant. This use is permitted under the approved permit issued by VCAT in 2016.
Council’s Planning Team is reviewing this new application and its associated documents.
Once we have all the relevant information, this application will be advertised to the public and community members will be able to make submissions on the application via Council’s ePlanning website.
When this advertising period has finished, the application will be assessed against the Yarra Ranges Planning Scheme, considering all submissions, before a final decision is made.
No date has been set for the advertising period for this application, and no decision has been made.