Regional Investigations Unit (RIU) detectives targeting high harm and high volume offenders across the Perth metropolitan area, have charged a 25-year-old man who is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court (Northbridge) today, 9 May 2020.
It is alleged between February and April 2020, the man was involved in various incidents involving stealing, stealing motor vehicles, criminal damage, traffic and drug related offences. Some of the incidents occurred in the suburbs of Alkimos, Butler and Northbridge.
As a result of their investigation, RIU detectives with the assistance of Tactical Response Group Officers arrested the man at a unit in West Perth on Tuesday, 8 May 2020.
The 25-year-old man from Butler has been charged with:-
• Three counts of Stealing;
• Two counts of Steal Motor Vehicle;
• Two counts of Possessed any Drug Paraphernalia in or on which there was a Prohibited Drug or Plant;
• One count each of Criminal Damage or Destruction of Property;
• No Authority to Drive;
• Drove, Caused or Permitted a Vehicle with a Forged, Replica or False Plat to be Driven on a Road;
• Unlicensed Person Possess Firearm/Ammunition;
• Possessed a Prohibited Weapon; and
• Possess a Prohibited Drug (Cannabis).
The investigation into high harm and high volume offenders is ongoing.