Sex Assault Squad detectives have charged a 50-year-old former police officer with further offences as a result of their ongoing investigation into allegations of his predatory sexual behaviour.
It will be alleged between 2010 to present, the man met numerous women through various online dating applications. During a number of these dates, it is alleged the man sexually assaulted a number of women, some who are yet to come forward to police. Since the man’s arrest in March 2020, a further five female victims have come forward.
The 50-year-old man from Kelmscott has been charged with 36 new offences:-
• 16 counts of Sexual Penetration without Consent;
• 6 counts of Stupefying with Intent to Commit an Indicatable Offence;
• 4 counts of Sexual Coercion;
• 4 counts of Assault;
• 2 counts of Sexual Penetration without Consent;
• 1 count of Aggravated Sexual Coercion;
• 1 count of Indecent Assault;
• 1 count of Indecent Act with Intent to Insult or Offend any Person; and
• 1 count of Fail to Obey Data Access Order.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, Friday 24 April 2020.
This is an ongoing investigation and Sex Assault Squad detectives are urging anyone with information to contact police via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au. Callers may remain anonymous if they wish.
Women who have concerns they have been a victim of an assault but who do not wish to speak to police can seek support from the Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC) on 6458 1828.