Northern Territory Police have arrested two men in relation to a number of drug and firearm offences in Darwin last Friday.
At around 12:30pm, Drug and Organised Crime detectives conducted a traffic apprehension on an alleged Mongrel Mob street gang associate in Darwin’s northern suburbs.
A search of the vehicle was conducted and the following dangerous items were located:
- Sawn off .22LR firearm
- 3 x loaded .22LR magazines
- A total of 91 rounds of .22LR ammunition
- A less than trafficable quantity of cannabis
- 2 x crossbows
- 4 x edged weapons
The 29-year-old driver of the vehicle was arrested for the following offences:
- Breach bail
- Driving a motor vehicle with prohibited drug in blood
- Multiple firearm offences
- Multiple drug offences
He was bailed to appear before Darwin Local Court 11 October 2021.
The 29-year-old passenger was arrested on an outstanding warrant and the vehicle was seized.
A subsequent search of the vehicle occupant’s residence located the following dangerous items:
- 12 gauge shotgun ammunition
- A less than traffickable quantity of MDMA
- A less than traffickable quantity of cannabis
- Items indicative of drug supply
The passenger of the vehicle was remanded to appear before Darwin Local Court today.
Detective Superintendent Lee Morgan said, “The community can be assured that NT Police are always taking proactive action in detecting and removing these types of dangerous weapons off the streets and out of the hands of criminals.”