Northern Territory Police have charged a 40-year-old man in relation to drug and traffic offences in Coolalinga yesterday.
At around 2:50am, police observed a white Ford Sedan being driven erratically on the Stuart Highway, heading south through Coolalinga.
Police apprehended the vehicle and the driver was subjected to a roadside drug test, which returned a positive result for methamphetamine and amphetamine.
Drug Detection Dog Quid was deployed and a search of the vehicle located:
- 220 grams of cannabis
- 2.5 grams of methamphetamine
- drug paraphernalia
- a significant amount of money
- 3 x large vacuum bags
The vehicle was seized and the driver was arrested and taken to Palmerston Watch House.
The man has been charged with:
- supply schedule 2 dangerous drug – commercial quantity
- possess schedule 2 dangerous drug – traffickable quantity – public place
- possess schedule 1 dangerous drug – traffickable quantity – public place
- possess thing – administer dangerous drug
- drive with prohibited drug in body
He was remanded to appear in Darwin Local Court today.