Residents are advised that king tides will be experienced in Cairns from tomorrow (Tuesday) night through to Sunday night.
The impact of these king tides on low lying areas may be exacerbated by heavy rainfall.
Avoid parking cars in low-lying tidal areas and never drive through floodwaters.
Motorists are reminded that tidal flooding is saltwater, which can damage cars on contact.
Motorists are urged to drive carefully and slowly, not only for the safety of road users and pedestrians, but to lessen the impact of bow waves, which can push water into adjacent properties.
King tide levels for Cairns are expected at the following times (other areas may vary):
- Tuesday 9 August: 3.12m at 7.59pm
- Wednesday 10 August: 3.30m at 8.43pm
- Thursday 11 August: 3.38m at 9.24pm
- Friday 12 August: 3.35m at 10.02pm
- Saturday 13 August: 3.20m at 10.39pm
- Sunday 14 August: 2.95m at 11.15pm