Police have charged six teenagers with multiple offences after three high-end cars were stolen from a Broadbeach Waters residence over the weekend.
Police will allege a blue Mercedes Benz sedan, a black Mercedes SUV and a grey Infinity sedan were stolen from a Monaco Street address early Sunday morning.
It will be alleged the vehicles were involved in a number of petrol drive-off offences as well as a break and enter of a Palm Beach chemist around 4.10am on Sunday.
The three cars were observed by police and members of the public throughout Sunday in convoy allegedly being driven dangerously and at high speed across the Gold Coast.
Around 4.30pm the Mercedes sedan was then observed to park at a restaurant on Days Road Upper Coomera, where the alleged driver, a 17-year-old Upper Coomera boy, was seen to enter a Hyundai van.
The Hyundai was tracked to a residence on Torrington Street where the boy was taken into custody without incident. He was later charged with one count each of unlawful use of motor vehicle, dangerous operation of a vehicle, burglary, receiving tainted property and enter premise and commit. He was denied police bail and is expected to appear in Southport Children’s Court.
The stolen Infinity was later located abandoned on Park Ridge Road. The Mercedes SUV remains outstanding.
Ongoing investigations led to additional charges including:
- A 16-year-old Park Ridge girl has been charged with one count of unlawful use of motor vehicle.
- A 15-year-old Upper Coomera girl was charged with one count of unlawful use of motor vehicle.
- A 16-year-old Molendinar girl was charged with one count each of unlawful use of motor vehicle and stealing.
- A 13-year-old Park Ridge boy was charged with one count of unlawful use of motor vehicle.
- A 14-year-old Pimpama boy was charged with one count each of unlawful use of motor vehicle, possess utensils and driving without a licence.
All five children are due to appear in Beenleigh Children’s Court.