Ballina Shire Council is asking all motorists to be vigilant and take care following heavy rainfall, which is expected to continue over the coming days.
Council is asking all motorists to be vigilant obey traffic control and signage in place.
CLOSED DUE TO FLOODWATERS:
- Boundary Road @ Marom Creek
- Houghlahans Creek Road Causeways
- Lindendale Road Causeway
- Pearces Creek Hall Road @ Pearces Creek
- Ross Lane @Deadmans Creek
CAUTION WATER OVER ROAD:
- Dalwood Road @ Gum Creek Weir
- Friday Hut Road @ Emigrant Creek (Kirklands Crossing)
- Marom Creek Road (between Tucki Rd To Rous Mill Rd)
- Marom Creek Road @ Gum Creek
- Marom Creek Road @Yellow Creek
- Marom Creek Road @Youngman Creek
- Old Bangalow Road, Tintenbar
- Uralba Road, Uralba
- Wardell Road Yellow Creek
- Wardell Road at Uralba Road
- Watson’s Lane @ Emigrant Creek
Ballina Shire Council staff regularly check roads across our shire and signpost flooded roads. Not all urban roads can be signposted – so be aware of changing conditions in your local area.
For emergency help in floods and storms call the SES on 132 500.
Rural bin collection service
Due to the current wet weather event and road closures, Council’s Resource Recovery Team were unable to complete some rural bin collection services on Thursday 24 February 2022. These collections have been recollected today. However, Houghlahans Creek Road is still closed and will not be collected until water levels drop and access is opened.
Where possible, Council asks these residents to leave their bins out ready for collection as soon as possible.
The Ballina Byron Gateway Airport is open. Please contact airlines for flight information.
Burns Point Ferry is operating. Please exercise caution when driving on and off the ferry.