The next stage of the Central Goldfields Shire 10 year Community Plan Project will commence in February with a series of community workshops to be held throughout the municipality.
Funded by the Australian Government’s Building Better Regions Fund, Central Goldfields Shire Council is working with residents to develop 10 year community plans that reflect the uniqueness and priorities of the eight communities and districts of Maryborough, Bealiba, Carisbrook, Dunolly, Talbot, Majorca, Bet Bet and Timor.
Late last year, residents were invited to share what was needed to make their community a great place to live – both now and into the future.
The Community Workshops, form the next stage of the process, and will be an opportunity for Council to share what has been heard so far and check in with residents about their community priorities.
Open to everyone, the Community Workshops will be interactive with a chance to talk together, add ideas and set priorities
Central Goldfields Shire Chief Administrator Noel Harvey said the Community Workshops were another chance for residents to provide valuable input to Council.
“If you have ideas and feedback to help improve your community – both now and in the longer term, I encourage you to get involved and play a key role informing these important plans for your community’s future.”
The schedule for community workshops is as follows:
- Bealiba & District – at the Bealiba Town Hall on Monday 3 February, 2020 from 6 to 8.30pm
- Carisbrook & District – at the Carisbrook Recreation Reserve, on Tuesday 4 February, 2020 from 6 to 8.30pm
- Timor & District – at the Timor Hall, on Wednesday 12 February, 2020 from 6 to 8.30pm
- Dunolly & District – at the Dunolly Town Hall, on Thursday 13 February, 2020 from 6 to 8.30pm
- Majorca & District – at the Majorca Town Hall, on Tuesday 18 February, 2020 from 6 to 8.30pm
- Maryborough & District – at the Community Hub on Wednesday 19 February, 2020 from 6 to 8.30pm
- Bet Bet & District – at the Betley Mechanics Institute Hall on Wednesday 26 February, 2020 from 6 to 8.30pm.
- Talbot & District – at the Talbot ANA Hall on Thursday 27 February, 2020 from 6 to 8.30pm.