Inner West Council is hosting a free Inclusive Film Festival (IFF) at Petersham Town Hall on Friday 17 December, 6pm.
The festival supports and elevates the voices of people with disability and is the signature annual event for the Inner West celebrating International Day of People with Disability.
Free popcorn, drinks, and snacks on the night. BYO food.
The program includes:
6pm: Welcome and entertainment
7.30pm: Panel discussion: Chasing Our Tales – The fact and fiction of disability storytelling
Giancarlo de Vera (he/they) is a disability, racial justice and LGBTIQ+ advocate. He is head of policy and advocacy at People with Disability Australia and is President of the Australian GLBTI Multicultural Council. Giancarlo will lead the panel discussion which also features:
• Evan Young, journalist and writer living with myalgic encephalomyelitis.
• Dane Noonan, 4 ft tall actor and aspiring filmmaker
• Emily Dash, whose film Groundhog Night (2020) for Bus Stop Films features on the night
• Walter Lee, short film maker
• Andrew Tresidder, whose award-winning performance features in short film Comican’t
Live performances by:
• Lara Nakhle, New Zealand born, Australian of Lebanese origin pop/contemporary singer
• Jamal Abdul, stand-up comedian
• Connor Wink, blind musician and enthusiastic fundraiser
The evening will be fully accessible for the whole community to experience:
• Audio descriptions
• Auslan interpreters
• Open captions
• Image descriptions
• Accessible seating that is not up the back
• All assistance animals welcome
• Lowered counters
• Quiet zone during the films
Book to attend at eventbrite.com/e/inclusive-film-festival-21-tickets-193162653697
Free Live Stream
from home via www.streamgate.co/IFF2021
Free Watch Party at Haberfield Library
Michael Maher Room, 17 December, 6pm
The IFF is a presented by Inner West Council in partnership with Accessible Arts, People with Disability Australia, Mable, Settlement Services international and Bill Crews Foundation.