Indigo Shire Council is calling for nominations from the community for the 2021 Australia Day Awards. The year has certainly been a tough one and throughout it all, people and organisations across the community have continued to shine.
Trevor Ierino (CEO) from the Indigo Shire Council comments that “It’s been a tough year for many reasons. We’re lucky to have so many people in our community who have gone above and beyond to help us get through it. If you know someone, or a group who has contributed to making our community a happier and better place in 2020, nominate them for the Australia Day Awards.”
The Australia Day Awards celebrate the outstanding individuals and community organisations in the region who make extraordinary contributions to society.
- Indigo Shire Citizen of the Year
- Indigo Shire Young Citizen of the Year
- Indigo Shire Community Organisation of the Year
- Beechworth & District Certificate of Achievement
- Rutherglen & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Chiltern & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Yackandandah & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Barnawartha & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Kiewa-Tangambalanga & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Emma George Junior Sporting Scholarship
Applications are also being taken for the Emma George Junior Sporting Scholarship. The scholarship is aimed at young sports people from within Indigo Shire who wish to apply for assistance in pursuing their sporting activities at regional, state or national levels of competition.
The awards are open to individuals who reside within, and groups who conduct their activities within, Indigo Shire.
Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 9 November 2020.