The previous bushfire warning has changed.
Bushfire warning level: ADVICE
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) advises there is a bushfire in Grandchester and Laidley.
You need to keep up to date and decide what actions you will take if the situation changes.
Currently as at 9.35pm Tuesday, 8 October a large slow-moving bushfire is burning to the west of Mountain Road, Kesslings Road, Range Crescent and Old Grandchester Road travelling in an easterly direction towards Bushe Hill, near Range Crescent.
Fire crews have contained the fire to the west of Range Crescent and will remain on scene overnight.
Residents who have left the area can now return.
People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
Properties are not under direct threat at this time. Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you or your property is under threat.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
• If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
• If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
• Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
• If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
• Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
• Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
• Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
• Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
• Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
KEEP UP TO DATE BY:
• Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandRescueService) and Twitter (@QldFES)
• Staying tuned to your local radio station. Find your local ABC radio station athttps://radio.abc.net.au/help/offline and your local commercial radio station at https://www.commercialradio.com.au/find-a-station/queensland;
• Visiting the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website atwww.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map
• For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website:www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushFire_Safety
• For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visitwww.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
The next update will be provided when the situation changes.
/Public Release. View in full here