This rescheduled burn will be undertaken in the bushland between Peter Meadows Road and Old Kent Road, Kentlyn.
The purpose of the controlled burn is to reduce bush fire fuel levels and provide protection to local community assets.
There will be limited access to Peter Meadows Road on Friday 23 April 2021 while crews work along the roadside. Plan ahead as delays are expected due to traffic diversions in place.
Live close to the burn area?
People in the area may see smoke and ash throughout the burn and are encouraged to take necessary precautions to protect yourself and your property by:
- Preventing smoke entering buildings by closing doors and windows
- Covering outdoor furniture and retracting pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Removing washing from clothes line
- Making sure pets have a sheltered area and plenty of water
- If you have asthma or a lung condition, reduce outdoor activities. If smoke levels are high and if shortness of breath or coughing develops, take you reliever medicine or seek medical advice
- Motorists should slow down, keep windows up and turn headlights on.
For your safety, we strongly advise you not to enter recently burnt bushlands to aid post fire restoration.