Why support local
You can help create a stronger more more vibrant Boroondara community by shopping local.
Buying locally helps:
- provide local jobs
- support local families
- support community clubs and organisations.
If every adult in Boroondara spends just $5 a week in a local business, this injects $3.4 million into our local economy in just one year.
How to support local
There are many ways to support local independent businesses in Boroondara.
Here are some ways you can help support local business:
- Connect online
- follow them on social media
- share products or menus or comment on their posts
- give a mention or shout-out in your post
- sign up and share their newsletter.
- Write a positive online review
- You can leave a review on their Google My Business listing or Facebook review page.
- Search online and shop local.
- search for a shopping centre near you to discover local online shops without a shopfront
- find services in your suburb for example, a local accountant, physiotherapist or dentist
- learn about different options, like remote consultations, online order, delivery and contactless pick-up.
- Purchase vouchers/gift cards for later
- Tell your friends and family
- Shop together online or in person
- You can do a video call and shop together looking at your favourite retailers.
Where to shop local
Across Boroondara’s suburbs you’ll find an amazing 53 shopping centres and strips, with everything you need – from the biggest names to the quirkiest speciality shops.