The Silver City Highway has reopened between Broken Hill and Tibooburra after being closed due to flooding.
But the highway remains closed between Tibooburra and the Queensland border.
Motorists are advised to take extreme care in flood-affected areas, never drive through floodwaters and be prepared for conditions to change quickly.
Other major road closures remain in place including:
In the State’s North West:
- The Kamilaroi Highway is closed betwen Walgett and Brewarrina
- Kidman Way is closed between Cobar and Bourke
- The Carnarvon Highway is closed between Garah and Weemelah, north of Moree
- The Cobb Highway is closed between Wilcannia and Ivanhoe.
In the Central West:
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed between Driftway Road and the Newell Highway near Forbes.
In the Illawarra
- The Illawarra Highway (Terry Street) is closed between the M1 Princes Motorway and Taylor Road at Albion Park.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils are also affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.