Commencing Wednesday 2 December, overnight works to resurface the Monash Freeway in Glen Iris will take place from 8pm to 5am, Sunday night through to Friday morning.
Weather permitting, the works are expected to be completed over eight nights, finishing on Thursday 17 December.
These works are being completed by civil contractor, Fulton Hogan, on behalf of the Victorian Government’s Department of Transport.
During the planned works:
- Monash Freeway will be reduced to one lane between the Burke Road on-ramp and High Street bridge (outbound)
- Speeds in this section will be reduced to 40km/hour
- Speeds inbound will be reduced for four nights
- Burke Road on-ramp and High Street off-ramp (outbound) will be closed on four nights
- Variable messaging boards will be displayed at least seven days prior to works commencing
- COVID permits have been obtained to undertake these works and a “COVID-19 High Risk COVID Safe Management Plan” will be followed throughout works. All employees on site will hold a Permitted Worker Permit.
- Public transport routes will not be disrupted
While work of this nature may cause some inconvenience, every effort will be made to keep this to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.