If you and your furry friend are wondering where you should exercise, why not try one of Camden Council’s off-leash dog parks?
Pet owners have 10 off-leash dog parks to try within the Camden area, including:
- Bicentennial Equestrian Park, Camden Council (available before 10am and after 5pm, Monday to Sunday);
- Rosevale Reserve, Narellan;
- Rowland Avenue, Catherine Park;
- River Road Reserve, Elderslie;
- Burrell Road, Spring Farm;
- Clifton Park, Arcadian Hills Estate, Clifton Drive, Cobbitty;
- Silverton Street, Gregory Hills;
- Holden Drive, Oran Park;
- Howard Loop, Oran Park; and
- Emerald Hills Boulavarde and Leslie Way, Emerald Hills.
These facilities offer many benefits to the community. With each park being securely enclosed, they provide dogs the opportunity to exercise safely, as well as the ability to learn to behave appropriately around other dogs.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said the off-leash dog parks were a great asset to the Camden area.
“I love that our area has such a range of fantastic facilities, catering to all the different interests of our community members,” she said.
“As we can see from our much-loved Paws in the Park event each year, our residents take a lot of care and pride in their furry friends. They’re part of the family for many! That’s why it means so much to provide some great off-leash parks.
“I’d also like to encourage our residents to ensure their pet is registered and microchipped. You can speak with your vet about microchipping and can register your pet online.
“While our off-leash dog parks are a great way to get out and about and keep active, let’s please be mindful of the COVID-19 restrictions in place – make sure you keep your distance from others and do not leave the house if you have any flu-like symptoms.
“Let’s also ensure we respect fellow park users by making sure our dogs behave.”
The current stay at home orders issued by NSW Government apply to Greater Sydney, which includes Camden. It is important to understand which restrictions are in place for you. If you’d like to visit an off-leash dogs park, please ensure:
- You do not travel further than 10 kilometres from your place of residence; and
- You do not complete physical activity in a group of more than two people, unless you are with your household members.
To see the full list of current COVID-19 restrictions, go to nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney
For more information on off-leash dog parks and microchipping your pets, go to camden.nsw.gov.au/pets/