On Wednesday 4 March 2020, Sex Assault Squad detectives charged a 50-year-old man as a result of their extensive investigation into allegations of predatory sexual behaviour.
The man is a former Police Officer, resigning from the WA Police Force in May 2018 after he was charged by the Internal Affairs Unit.
It will be alleged between 2010 to present, the man met numerous women through various online dating applications. During a number of these dates, it is alleged the man sexually assaulted a number of women, some who are yet to come forward to police.
The 50-year-old man from Kelmscott has been charged with 108 offences relating to eight female victims:
• 34 counts of Sexual Penetration without Consent;
• 32 counts of Aggravated Sexual Penetration without Consent;
• 8 counts of Stupefying in Order to Commit Indictable Offence;
• 8 counts of Aggravated Indecent Assault;
• 7 counts of Aggravated Common Assault;
• 6 counts of Common Assault;
• 3 counts of Aggravated Sexual Coercion;
• 3 counts of Indecent Assault;
• 3 counts of Assault Causing Bodily Harm;
• 2 counts of x Aggravated Assault Causing Bodily Harm;
• 1 count of Sexual Coercion; and
• 1 count of Indecent Act with Intent to Offend.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, Thursday 5 March 2020.
This is an ongoing investigation and Sex Assault Squad detectives are urging anyone with information to contact police via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au. Callers may remain anonymous if they wish.
Women who have concerns they have been a victim of an assault but who do not wish to speak to police can seek support from the Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC) on 6458 1828.