As a result of their investigation into several reports of child sexual abuse, Child Abuse Squad detectives yesterday, 19 January 2021 charged a 75-year-old man with 14 offences that occurred over a 35 year time span.
It is alleged during 1980 to 2015, the man sexually assaulted three girls who were aged between 7 and 12 at the time of the first offences.
The 75-year-old man from the Mandurah District has been charged with:-
• 4 x Indecent Dealing with a Child who is a Lineal or De Facto Relative;
• 3 x Sexually Penetrated a Person over 18 who was a Lineal Relative;
• 2 x Knowingly Sexually Penetrated a Child who is a Lineal or De Facto Relative;
• 2 x Sexual Penetration of a Child under 13 years;
• 1 x Inciting Indecent Dealing with a Girl under 16 years;
• 1 x Incest by Male; and
• 1 x Indecently Deals with a Child over 13 years and under 16 years.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, Wednesday 20 January 2021 and police will oppose bail.