A man has been charged after a search of his Riverwood home allegedly revealed a number of firearms and prohibited weapons in various areas of the home.
About 11.30am on Friday 16 July 2021, detectives from St George Police Area Command executed a search warrant at a home on Eldon Street, Riverwood.
The occupant, a man, aged 30, was arrested after officers allegedly located firearm parts, including a shortened double barrel receiver and stock.
Also seized was an amount of cash, knives, prohibited weapons and a laptop computer suspected of being stolen.
The man was taken to Kogarah Police Station where he was charged with six offences, including;
- Firearm found at premises – subject to prohibition order,
- possess shortened firearm without authority,
- use prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition order,
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit,
- knowingly deal with proceeds of crime, and
- goods in custody.
Police will conduct further inquiries in relation to the seized items.
He was refused bail and will appear in Parramatta Local Court tomorrow (Saturday 17 July 2021).