The Bureau of Meterology has predicted a heatwave over the next few days for the Shoalhaven.
NSW Health has advice on how to beat the heat this summer to stay safe and cool.
The fact is more Australians are hospitalised and die as a result of heatwave than any other natural disaster.
NSW Health gives advice on how you can stay safe this summer:
- Drink plenty of water and avoid alcoholic, hot or sugary drinks.
- Keep Cool – do less and avoid being outside during the hottest par of the day.
- Check on elderly friends, neighbours and relatives, especially if they live alone.
- Have a Plan to stay cool when it heats up.
- Look after your pets, give them plenty of shade, water and never leave them in a hot car