TAKING PRIDE IN AMERICAN-MADE PRODUCTS: President Donald J. Trump is honored to showcase the hard work of American producers from across the country.
- Today, President Trump is welcoming businesses from across the country to the White House to showcase the products that they make right here in America.
- Products from all 50 States will be showcased at the White House.
- This year marks the third consecutive year President Trump has hosted a Made in America event at the White House.
- Businesses both big and small from a wide range of industries will showcase their incredible work.
- American-made products being showcased at the White House include:
- Zippo lighters made in Pennsylvania, Airstream trailers made in Ohio, Buck Knives made in Idaho, Nokona baseball gloves made in Texas, and more.
STRENGTHENING BUY AMERICAN REQUIREMENTS: President Trump is making sure the Government maximizes its use of American-made products.
- President Trump is signing an executive order taking steps to strengthen the standards used under the Buy American Act.
- This follows multiple other executive orders by President Trump aiming to strengthen Buy American and Hire American.
- The President is directing his Administration to consider tightening the preference requirements for Federal acquisitions and when foreign products can be used.
- The President is committed to increasing the impact of the Buy American Act to the fullest extent possible.
- The Buy American Act creates a preference for American-made goods in purchases by the Federal Government.
RESTORING AMERICAN MANUFACTURING: President Trump is ushering in a new age of American manufacturing as factories roar back to life and blue collar workers thrive.
- President Trump followed through on his pledge to workers across the country that he would bring back American manufacturing – with more than 500,000 new manufacturing jobs created since the election.
- Manufacturing job growth soared to a more than two decade high in 2018, bringing opportunity to communities that had been left behind.
- Manufacturer optimism has skyrocketed under President Trump, reaching a new record high last year.
- Thanks to President Trump’s pro-growth policies, manufacturers are deciding to keep their factories running and jobs here in America.
- Across the country, our Nation’s great aluminum and steel mills are roaring back to life thanks to the tariffs put in place by the President.