Federal Major Project Status recognises the national significance of Mount Peake for the Australian economy as it grows and diversifies the nation’s critical minerals industry
- World-class strategic metals asset vertically integrated from production to market with a mine and processing facility life of 37 years to be developed and located in the Northern Territory.
- Significant new infrastructure for the Northern Territory including a mining operation and Beneficiation Plant north of Alice Springs and a TIVAN® Processing Facility to be located at the Middle Arm Precinct in Darwin.
- Important value-adding downstream component through the use of the TNG’s proprietary TIVAN® Process.
- Forecast production of 100ktpa of titanium pigment (for paints and coatings), 6ktpa of vanadium pentoxide (for steel strengthening, alloys and vanadium redox flow batteries (“VRFB”)) and 500ktpa of iron oxide (for steel).
- Expect to create up to an estimated 1,6001 jobs during construction and up to an estimated 1,0001 long-term jobs during operations.
- Outstanding network of Tier-1 global strategic partners and off-take customers already in place.
- Front-end engineering and design (“FEED”) study nearing completion.
- Significant green energy component planned with VRFBs and Hydrogen production.
/Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length.